Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Rants from a Self-Worshipping Liberal

I am known to get hyped up about some things, especially regarding some my extended family's views. I have a couple of aunts in particular that can be pretty vocal about abortion rights. Most days I can brush it off and laugh, but for some reason I felt compelled today to write a reply on an aunts Facebook post. Probably because I like debates and I've got a new found need to share my opinion. It was a little nerve-racking since I usually ignore it and I'm afraid of what my family will think, not to mention I'm worried that I'm over-reacting.

It's a quite humorous link that she posted, the first paragraphs saying "It's time for all of us to understand that we are at war, and lives are at stake. The enemy -- the self-worshipping death cult known as modern liberalism -- has become increasingly vile, violent, and deceitful, and so we must become increasingly bold, fearless, and aggressive in our response." Personally, I find the writer to be someone who tries to exaggerate emotions to get a response, someone who clearly hasn't taken the time to look into opposing views or thought to see those who get an abortion as people with emotions. 

So, here's my rant on abortion rights. I'm pro-choice, I believe that educated individuals have a right to choose whether or not to have a baby, not because I think a fetus is worthless, but because forcing a woman to carry a baby she doesn't want to term is immoral. Giving a fetus more rights than an adult human seems ridiculous to me, and I can only imagine the emotions that woman would be having while carrying her unwanted baby. 

I don't believe that stopping abortion will stop the problem. I think that abortions will go underground  putting women's lives in danger, because they have no other choice. If you want to see a decrease in abortion rates provide women will birth control options and educate them, allowing them the opportunity to decide when having a baby who be best for both mother and baby. 

If you're so concerned about the potential of an individual, help out homeless children, and provide money and support to families who aren't able to give their children a good quality of life. Denying someone the right to their own bodies is wrong, if they are in the right mental state. I agree that abortions should be limited to a certain number of weeks, and I definitely don't agree with late-term abortions. 

Long story short, these women are people who usually are faced with a tough decision. Rarely is it a cold-hearted, "Fuck you, I want to par-tay!" and a lot of thought goes into the decision. Most of the time, these women care about the environment a child grows up in and want to have a child when their finances, emotions and lives are stable. These are people with emotions like anyone else and simply writing them off as murderers is an irresponsible use of the term. 

No comments:

Post a Comment