Monday, June 7, 2010

What's "Discovering Life"?

Ok, so this is my very first blog post for my new blog/organization. For this entry I want to give you some insight into who I am, and what Discovering Life is.

I'd like to start with the latter of the the two. Technically I should have put it first, but I don't feel like changing it so I'm going to leave it where it is. Anyway, what is Discovering Life? Well, I happen to be a very curious person, and I've noticed that in general, most people are. So I decided to create this blog (and a sister website) to share what I already have figured out about various topics with all you. I want to be able to do at least on entry a week with a story on some random topic, or a requested one. I also want to have some sort of newsletter to send out once I month to summarize some of the entries.

Now, don't try and think of me as some sort of nose-up-in-the-air kinda person that knows everything and "wants to help the less fortunate". Totally not me. I'm not some sort of genius. I don't have a wack load of degrees; I'm just the average person who's very, very curious. I want to learn too. So I created this blog to put out some of my thoughts and ideas on various things, and to hopefully get some of your opinions and learn some new things. So, that's the goal of this blog.

Now onto the second thing I wanted to talk about: Myself! :) Now like most people I like to talk about myself...on occasions. I try to limit my 'talking about myself' time, because that can seem conceited and the such. You know what I mean. You've been there. You've done that. Anyway, let's get to it.

My "name" is Asiemens. I currently live in lovely Alberta, Canada...in fact I just moved here a couple of months ago, and let me tell you, moving is rough! Ugh! I have to be the absolute worst with directions and knowing where in the world I'm going, so getting lost is one of the routine things in my day. Plus I'm forgetful so I have to constantly ask people things. Anyway, back on track! (I also get off track very easily, FYI)

I also love to learn new things. My favourite website is Howstuffworks.com It is so useful for finding info on something and so fun to play around with. Check it out if you can. I probably will be using some info from there on some of my blog posts since it is a fantastic source. My favourite topics would probably be history, crime investigation and just the random little stories that I find interesting. Those topics will probably be discussed more, just because of my interest in it.

I mentioned earlier about a website that's (or soon will be) connected to this blog. I want to be able to give you a more accessible place to get a "master" list of topics, newsletters, and just about anything. In the future I hope be able to sell various documentaries, DVDs, and the like, for a cheap price off the site, but for now it's just a catalog of information. There will also be a forum where you'll be able to discuss whatever with whoever. :)

I hope this clarifies some things for you and that you know have a rough idea of what Discovering Life is about. I hope to get my next blog post ready for you by tomorrow. Have an awesome day, and remember that learning takes place anywhere; at anytime!

-Asiemens

No comments:

Post a Comment